Staff Accountant Part Time - Details
Staff Accountant - Part-time
The Staff Accountant is responsible for executing day-to-day bookkeeping.
- Manage company accounts in QuickBooks.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers, and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable).
- Manage Accounts Payable and Receivable: enter into QuickBooks, match, make payments and deposits.
- Prepare month end closing entries and account reconciliations.
- Produce adhoc financial reports and communicate financial position as needed.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of financial policies and procedures.
- Drive the development of annual budgets.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
The successful Staff Accountant candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Accounting, with 2-5 years of work experience in the field.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Computer proficiency and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Intermediate or greater knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with retail.
- Superior administrative and organizational skills.
- Experience with Shopify and/or Lightspeed is a plus.
The successful Staff Accountant candidate will bring the following soft skills:
- Leadership: The ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, willing to accept feedback from others and promotes a positive, professional and harmonious work environment.
- Personal Effectiveness: The ability to show great attention to detail, initiative, confidence, and responsibility for one’s actions.
- Problem Solving: The ability to work independently and as part of a team to proactively define and resolve problems before they become an issue, and to identify and resolve identified problems for optimum results.
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to work in teams, relate to people and manage conflict.
- Organizational and Project Management Skills: The ability to organize, plan and effectively implement projects and tasks while maintaining strong physical and mental organizational and time management skills.
- Continuous Learning: The ability to be self-motivated to grow personally and professionally through hands-on experience and on-going education.