The Assistant Store Manage is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the overall management and execution of operational and management functions designed to maximize sales and profitability within an assigned store location. The Assistant Store Manager position is a non-exempt position and reports to the Store Manager.
Assistant Store Manager responsibilities & duties include but are not limited to the following:
Client Relationship Building and Customer Service
- • Creates and/or supports business goals including plan sales, ADS and UPT.
- • Leads a selling environment focused on leveraging volume opportunities.
- • Evaluates the business and takes proactive steps to improve results.
- • Takes the necessary initiatives to stay abreast of news and events related to competition.
Visual Merchandising Store Standards
- • Ensures that sales associates are supplying superior customer service and developing sales through client relationship building.
- • Ensures the store team consistently executes and maintains visual presentation and store standards per Company protocol and operational policy.
- • Builds morale and supports a team environment through recognition, development and training.
- • Practices regular communication during which expectations are clear and performance concerns are addressed effectively, consistently and in a professional manner.
- • Ensures all staffing requirements are met through networking and recruiting.
- • Ensures that operational controls are executed and maintained; e.g. store organization, banking procedures, creation and review of work schedules, managing payroll budget and ensuring proper store reporting.
- • Leads by example at all times.
- • Treats others with respect and openly seeks opportunities for personal development.
- • Conducts oneself with integrity, following all policies and brings concerns forward when appropriate.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- • Minimum of 4 years prior retail management experience with at least 2 years experience as a Assistant Store Manager.
- • Demonstrated success in managing within a fast-paced, agile, specialty retail store environment
- • Excellent communication and organization skills; ability to interact at all levels within the organization